Dev Log: Weekly update - More labouring on the server

Discussion in 'Developers Blog' started by Chris, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Staff Member

• Stardale Staff
    • Developer
    mooCow

Stardale Server Debug Spam stardale-mini-dino-mob.
    Happy Saturday everyone! This week went by super quick! It's nice to see more activity on the forum and new members joining. Welcome to the new faces that have signed up this week. :)

In development news, the past week was spent building more server side components. We're moving at a decent pace and I'm happy with what I've been able to accomplish this week so far. Unfortunately it's never enough, I wish there was more time in a week as the time seems to go by so quickly! I've been working on transferring game data, component data, and have essentially rewritten several of Unity's core components so that we can transfer the data required to process players, player actions, and whatever else a player does. This has taken some work to reengineer some of Unity's API given that Unity doesn't like serializing certain data for network transfer - but I've overcome this for the most part - *pats self on back*. I had multiplayer going with several clients all interacting - so far so good, it was fun to fly around with an Xbox 360 controller (USB->PC) and watching my ship whiz by across several other game clients! Unfortunately a few minutes prior to this post I broke something though so I'll have to figure out what happened. :oops:

Jose has submitted some pretty cool mobs and boss animations which he's been working on, we can't wait to see more of them. We'll hopefully have them in game soon once I complete more work on the server stuff first. :)

Anyway we hope to post more news soon! Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    Mahsa, Andy, gnarvin and 3 others like this.
  2. OldNESJunkie

OldNESJunkie Well-Known Member

mooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCow
    Personally, I love hearing about all the "boring" stuff. Being a hobby gamedev (if there IS such a thing), it's interesting stuff to me.

3. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

mooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCow
    looking forward to seeing some of the mobs and bosses!

Sh4dowWalker96 and Chris like this.
  4. freezer

freezer New Member

Kool action Chris. I get a big charge out of reading the Dev. Logs as a measurement of progress. CHEERS. freezer

Sh4dowWalker96, Andy and Kane Hart like this.