Dev Log: Weekly update

Discussion in 'Developers Blog' started by Chris, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Staff Member

• Stardale Staff
    • Developer
    mooCow
    As promised, here's a list of the changes from this past week. This week I spent a lot of time reworking the tilemap chunk loader. Previously it worked but there were a few problems with random chunks disappearing, with the changes I've made it fixed the majority of issues an is now nearly complete. I really want to get space mining up and running and so now that we're in a better position to start working on that, it will be one of my goals.

Quick summary list of some of the changes:
    • Several days rewriting chunk loader to make it more efficient when loading land chunks on planets.
    • Fixed UIGrid center alignment null error when no grid objects added.
    • Added EnergyBar UI that now goes up/down based on player ship energy available.
    • Made Character Info and Item Forge available in space game play.
    • Fixed drag and drop items disappearing and not being able to be moved around when created due to wrong layer placement.
    • Added Hotbar in space that dynamically generates item slots based on ship configruation and ship picked.
    • Hotbar updates with weapons placed in ship config manager.
    • Added outline function to enable/disable weapons from hotbar.
    • Added hotbar UI light green/red to show if weapon is active or inactive.
    • Added functionality to actually change color from red/green and back.
    • Linked hotbar active light to ship config so that UI boxes for mounted items will also show active/inactive in ship config UI menu.
    • Added function to remove hotbar items when item is removed from ship config manager.
    • Disabled hotbar items from being dragged/manipulated to prevent duping items (hotbar items are clone of ship config drag/drop item).
    • Added function to prevent items from being overlapped and double dropped into same UI slots in inventory.
    • Added SDShipWeaponTurret RotateTurretToTarget to rotate the turret towards active target.
    • Updated Inventory UI square, created semi-transparent texture and set to nearest neighbour pixelation rather than bilinear.
    • Moved chunk loader to coroutines when loading tile chunks during player movement.
    • Updated editor script to set zfixed for all tilechunks.
    • Created basic tile importer for players to import tiles.
    • Created smooth lerping function for moving vectors during animation sequences at an even smoother rate.
    • Created Saturn V stages and added thrusters.
    • Added launch sequence for Saturn V to scene sequence manager for player driven events.
    • Added two new medium and large ships created by Jose.
    • Created several weapons, including missile launchers, laser canons, and magnetic particle accelerators.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    Mahsa, Andy, Serensetti and 3 others like this.
  2. OFF

OFF

mooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCow
    I know it's the wrong section to post in, but what about actual space pirates. Alien-like, maybe something like they have in Metroid Prime? Random events like these would stir up the game by a lot and would make it more of a challenge to cross space :p

Apart from that I am truly amazed by your art-work and the way this game is being developed, it's looking really good and professional even though it's not even finished yet! Keep up the great work.

Chris and Haylo like this.
  3. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Staff Member

• Stardale Staff
    • Developer
    mooCow
    There will be regions which are more protected and then more hostile regions, what you find in the lesser-safe regions of space I guess we'll find out if you live to tell the tale. ;)

Thanks!

4. steven adames

steven adames New Member

5. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

mooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCow
    Looks so good!

Chris likes this.