Dev Log: Working on UI

Discussion in 'Developers Blog' started by Chris, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Staff Member

• Stardale Staff
    • Developer
    mooCow
    I spent tonight working on the UI, drag and drop items, mounting weapons onto ships... fun stuff that needs to be done. There's a lot that goes into it and there's still a lot more work to be completed but we're getting there! Woohoo!

We were talking about fun ways to fuel ship energy reactors in space and different ways players may achieve this. Given that ships wont have unlimited inventory space for fuel (you can increase ship capacity with upgrade modules) then if you're travelling larger distances you're going to have to stop for refueling at some point before your reactor runs dry. One way to refuel would be harvesting fuel resources on a planet and refining it, another might be collecting gases from different stars, or a third way might be buying from a seller at an intergalactic trade hub; or if you're more of a pirate, you could always try and kill someone and steal theirs! Nonetheless, given Stardale is space age then you will reach a level of technology where refueling isn't something you have to do often - but still every once and awhile depending on the level of your ships reactor and power array. What do you think?

gnarvin, Dezi, OFF and 1 other person like this.
  2. OFF

OFF

mooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCow
    This seems like a very good thing to add in the game, so you have to actually put effort into traveling with your space-ship. I can already imagine myself being stuck on an asteroid or in plain space simply because I didn't fuel up :p

Kane Hart and Chris like this.
  3. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Active Member Staff Member

• Stardale Staff
    • Developer
    mooCow
    The Invasion against the Shovel people has begun! Oh Crap we ran out of fuel in deep space! The End.

OFF and Chris like this.
  4. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Staff Member

• Stardale Staff
    • Developer
    mooCow
    And then we'll see if you freeze to death from lack of heat or starve to death from running out of rations/no power to use your molecular reorganizer. :confused:

OFF likes this.
  5. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Active Member Staff Member

• Stardale Staff
    • Developer
    mooCow
    And here I was worried about the oxygen levels ;)

OFF likes this.
  6. OFF

OFF

mooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCow
    Implosion!