Dev Log: Xbox 360 and Playstation controls being added in for PC Stardale!

Discussion in 'Developers Blog' started by Chris, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Staff Member

• Stardale Staff
    • Developer
    mooCow

Mining laser (trailing particles to be fixed). This ship (just one of many) has 5 mounting points that you can drop weapons onto and turrets will track targets and follow them. You don't see it here but the mounted weapon will also rotate to follow the target.
    It's been a productive week so far and its just past halfway complete. I was thinking each week I'll post a "change log" of sorts, just a quick summary list of whats new/changed/added. I'm not sure it makes that much sense to do it when the game isn't even released as alpha but perhaps it might be interesting to track changes as I program and as the game progresses for you to see development progress - let me know what you think or if this is a good idea. Below is a list from the beginning of this week up until today at 5:25am EST and is mostly composed of added and created classes/methods/functions/components/etc since much of this is being coded in. You might see class names here and there, things like "SDParticleBullet" or "SDChatBoxUI". The SD stands for "Stardale" and is named this way for identification purposes. Also keep in mind we only have one programmer here but I will do my best to work my butt off for you every day!

Also, as the title notes, Xbox 360 and Playstation controllers are being added into Stardale. Today I had both a PS3 and Xbox 360 controller flying my little ship around in space! It's actually a lot of fun using a controller!!
    Change Log Oct 6 to Oct 9
    • Added SDParticleBullet.
    • Fixed SDChatBoxUI timeout
    • SDShipWeaponTurret modified added impact particles when weapon shot.
    • PlayerController fixed JetPack rotation when player switched left/right view.
    • SDHelper changes to fix PixelPerfect
    • Fixed AlienShip texture (had artifact on it)
    • Added a bunch of particle textures.
    • Added Shuttle
    • Created Shuttle animations.
    • Created SDShip.cs to store in-space ship details.
    • Moved Player from Physics2D to full Physics 3D.
    • Updated Player rigidbody2d to rigidbody.
    • Updated PlayerController addforce and addtorque to Physics 3D from 2D.
    • Revised ChatBox and ChatList prefabs.
    • Updated SDFollowTransform added 'fixed/non-fixed' rotation option.
    • Moved folders to clean up asset manager a little.
    • Created Space Debris Particles.
    • Created basic outline of Ship Equip Manager.
    • Created basic component activation hotbar.
    • Continued working on item integration with in-space ships.
    • Added UIGrid for Weapons Array Hotbar
    • Added function to left/centre/right align UIGrid
    • Added SDHelper IsOdd function to check if number odd or even for centering grid.
    • Created SDUIShipConfigurationInterface to interface between UI and in-game player ship.
    • Updated SDUIItem to validate item in itemholder based on SDUIItemHolderType.
    • Updated SDShip class to manage player ship stats for when weapons are fired.
    • Added ScanForTarget basic target scanner functionality to SDShip for main player to scan for targets in range (not integrated with UI)
    • Added DrainShipEnergy to drain energy when ship equipment used.
    • Added ChargeShipEnergy to passively recharge ship.
    • Updated PlayerController
    • Added handles for Xbox360 and Playstation joysticks and fire button on PC.
    • Added raycast to target 'Targetable Space Objects'
    • Disabled blood hit in space collisions for now.
    • Updated targeting for mounted turrets to account for updating player and target position each frame.
    • Created MiningLaser prefab.
    • Added ui->in-game ship functionality to place weapons on ship when they are placed in UI item holders on Ship Configuration Manager.
    • Created SDUIItemHolderTypes enum for StardaleLibrary.
    • Added SDUIItemHolderTypes enum class
    • Added mountType to PLItem
    • Added SDItem shipMountableItem variable to track if item is mountable on space vehicles.
    • Updated SDItem added variables for projectiles, missiles, miners, and lasers.
    • Updated ItemMaker form to add/update/remove above type items.
    • Updated SDItemType to account for in-space type items.
    • Updated ItemMaker tool to handle creating ship weapons/items/equipment.
    • Updated ItemMaker added variables for mining rates (m3 per cycle)
    • Updated ItemMaker added range/energy/tracking speed component modifiers for ship components.
    • Updated ItemMaker added projectiles/missile bay mountable items.
    • Updated ItemMaker added damage/range modifiers for projectiles and missile bay ammo.
    • Updated ItemMaker->Categories to set if item category is ammunition category or not for sorting.
    • Ship mountable items created in inventory can now be mounted on player ships.
    • Ship mining laser now fires at Targetable object.
    • Ship laser timer based and verifies energy available to fire.
    • Ship laser (and other mounts when created) will now be able to remove energy from energy grid and wont fire unless there is enough energy available on the ship.
    • Ship laser miners track target.
    • Ship now stores all target in x range.
    • Added crystals to asteroid textures.
    • Added multiple crystal variations to asteroid textures.
    • Created and completed Data Flow Chart to track flow between UI items and in-game mounted items.
    • Created and completed flow chart to track item handling interfacing from UI to in-game.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Mahsa, OFF and Kane Hart like this.
  2. OFF

OFF

mooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCow
    I've been busy for a while but my god this looks absolutely amazing.