Kickstarter now live!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Chris, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Staff Member

• Stardale Staff
    • Developer
    mooCow

Our Stardale Kickstarter is now live! You can pledge and support us and preorder your copy of Stardale through our Kickstarter page and take advantage of the amazing rewards we're giving for the next 30 days! Rewards are pretty epic and range from naming in-game items, beta/alpha access, naming mobs, and even a leather bound book of Stardale artwork and select dev logs. In addition, every reward level gets a unique epic forum badge to give you distinction for your support! All rewards will be synced with our website allowing supporters to bind their reward level to their Stardale.net account and this will become available 14 days after the Kickstarter ends (that's when they give us the info).

I hope you'll support us and help us reach our goal. Remember that if we don't reach our goal of $15,000.00 then we receive zero funds from this Kickstarter; which means Stardale will take a lot longer to develop and it will take a lot longer for you to join in on an epic fun sci-fi space/adventure/creative exploration/building game! If you have any questions, comments, or any feedback at all please feel free to post and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have!

Warzok, Dezi, Serensetti and 3 others like this.
  2. OFF

OFF

mooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCow
    I am willing to support but kickstarter.com does not support payments through Paypal, is there a solution for this?

gnarvin likes this.
  3. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Active Member Staff Member

• Stardale Staff
    • Developer
    mooCow
    Thanks for bring this to our attention. Will be offering a in house way to support our game in the next few days. We were not aware that Paypal was not supported and we know this will hurt a lot of our fans.

Thanks,
    Kane Hart

gnarvin likes this.
  4. OFF

OFF

mooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCow
    I'd suggest you use indiegogo, they do support Paypal.

5. gnarvin

gnarvin Well-Known Member

mooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCow
    It blows my mind that kickstarter still doesn't support Paypal, it would make giving them money soooo much easier.

Anyways on the kickstarter page I noticed all the goals say expected by July 2015. Even both the Alpha and Beta goals. Since I highly doubt you plan to release beta right after releasing alpha, do you have any better estimates when beta gets released if alpha was to be released in July?

6. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Active Member Staff Member

• Stardale Staff
    • Developer
    mooCow
    I was worried this might happen. Alpha will come out this year. Beta a few months after. The predicted launch date was aiming for July. Do you guys think we should redo the dates? We thought they should just say the expected release data of the game as a whole.

Thanks,
    Kane

7. Pikepeicrer

Pikepeicrer New Member

It might make things clearer

8. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Staff Member

• Stardale Staff
    • Developer
    mooCow
    We'll make paypal available through our site for those who couldn't support us through Kickstarter and I'll try to have it ready asap. :) I just have to update the payment page and make sure it's working on Stardale.net. We tested it awhile back and it was working back then but we've modified the website a bit so it just needs some tweaking.

Crap I can't modify the dates but we can instead just make a nice clear graphic on Kickstarter just to make sure everyone knows alpha is coming sooner rather than later along with beta early 2015. We don't know the dates for sure but we're going to try really hard to push alpha out before the end of this year, ideally November-ish/early December.

OFF likes this.
  9. Fugner

Fugner New Member

When my wallet decides to stop being empty ill be pledging :p