Weekly Summary - Stardale took part at a discussion panel! :)

Discussion in 'Developers Blog' started by Chris, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Staff Member

• Stardale Staff
    • Developer
    mooCow
    stardalehats.
    Hey everyone,

So this week was a little different than normal. Generally as a developer building Stardale I work from a basement apartment and as you can imagine, sometimes you don't always have the opportunity to see many people when confined into a subterranean living space and writing out lines of code! Nonetheless, I was invited to speak at a panel discussion event for Global Entrepreneurship Week hosted at Georgian College in Barrie, Ontario this past Thursday, Nov 20. There were six speakers in total including a former Ukranian Astronaut building a commercial spaceflight company, digital marketing CEO, and SEO company CEO.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone at the event and speaking with them. All the panelists were all really great and amazing people discussing their successes, tips, and experience working internationally. During the brief 8 minutes we each had to speak I discussed our experience working internationally with our artist, Jose, who is from Uruguay - the theme of the night was working across borders. I also discussed the importance of staying motivated and how for me personally, I've learned so much about being my own boss and the importance of keeping people excited about the project. All of us working on Stardale are in love with the project, we truly believe in it, and in the absence of a pay cheque during the early days of development you have to have love for the project to stay focused, motivated, and to give that push to work extra hard every day to reach our goals.

So the event went really well, I was really nervous but I left with a good feeling and new excitement to be building such a great game. :)

What else is new with Stardale this week? Earlier in the week I continued working on the Stardale server and improving optimization. I also spent a day making a quick little port of Stardale onto Android. During the last week of October I spent about 6 hours working on taking some snip-its from Stardale and porting a little falling pumpkin shooter to android. I didn't want to spend too much time, it was just a quick little test for me to see how fast I could put something up on android and get it working. Turns out it took 6 hours to create falling pumpkins, have them fall, explode, allow the player to shoot a rocket by dragging your finger in the direction you want it to aim, and keep a score. I spent another few hours this week refining it and modifying for terrain damage and modification. At some point you might see an extremely light version of Stardale on Android, however, this android project is just something I do in my spare time (which I rarely have); Stardale for PC/Mac/Linux/& PS4 is my primary focus.

Anyway, that's what's new this week! Christmas is coming and we'd love it if you could share Stardale with friends or family! Even sharing on facebook, twitter, and social media really helps us to gain traction and get Stardale out there. :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Mahsa, OFF, gnarvin and 4 others like this.
  2. OFF

OFF

mooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCow
    You should make a mask out of my profile picture's head :)

Sh4dowWalker96 and Chris like this.
  3. Raeden

Raeden Active Member

mooCowmooCowmooCow
    I'm liking that space helmet :D

4. OFF

OFF

mooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCowmooCow
    Guys fawkes, puleasu?

Chris likes this.